t where the game is today, and

[ 23 View / 0 Reply ]

By the time the WNBA was born in 1996, eight teams played in the league’s inaugural season, and it was clear no player was more deserving of a signature shoe than Sheryl Swoopes. Nike Free 5.0 Femme The star forward was the first player signed to the WNBA, and the only one to have a triple-double in a playoff game. She helped lead the Houston Comets, Seattle Storm, Tulsa Shock and three U.S. gold-medal teams (she wore her Nike Air Swoopes II in the 1996 Atlanta games). Between 1993 and 2011, Swoopes received numerous accolades, including the ESPY’s Best Female College www.denisbensimon.fr Basketball Player, WNBA Defensive Player of the Year and the WNBA’s Top 15 Players of All TimeEven Nike Air Max 90 Femme Fleur now, the iconic athlete gets emotional thinking back to what the Swoopes II meant to a nascent women’s sports movement. “It feels surreal to know that I had my own shoe,” says Swoopes. “I look at where the game is today, and how far we as female athletes, as women, have come — and how much work we still have to do just to be appreciated. I feel like now is such an Nike Air Max Zero Mujer important time for women and female athletes everywhere.”Today, as ’90s pop and basketball culture make a comeback, Nike will pay homage to the era with a new series of retro female footwear, and the Swoopes II will be the first silhouette rereleased. With it, new generations of women can connect to the sport through Sheryl Swoopes’ incredible story.The six winners of the Nike Roshe Run Homme Nike: On Air contest – hailing from New York City, London, Paris, Seoul, Shanghai, and Tokyo – Adidas Superstar Homme recently flew to Nike World Headquarters to take the next step in their sneaker design journey. At Nike WHQ, each winner had the chance to refine their shoes with a team of footwear designers, materials and color designers, and developers who collectively pored over the designs in Adidas Deerupt Womens individual teams. But before all of that, the moment of truth was revealed in a surprise Nike Air Max 2017 Femme first-look at their samples.“When we were first told that our samples were in the next room, my first reaction was, “I’m going to faint,’” joked Gabrielle Serrano, winner of the NYC vote and designer of the Air Max 98 La Mezcla. “But then they led us to our samples, and I saw it for the first time. I felt like my head exploded. What I drew was actually in my hands."While Adidas ZX Flux Womens the Distance Elite caters to distance runners, you don’t need to be training for a marathon or other endurance event to enjoy this shoe’s benefits. Aside from its seamless construction, which reduces the chance of rubbing and chafing during runs, the Distance Elite is highly breathable to keep feet comfortable and regulated. Since it doesn’t have much arch support, keep this Asics Gel Saga Femme shoe in mind if you’re looking for the best lightweight running shoes for neutral runners. Nike Air Huarache Femme Despite its 2mm drop and minimal design, which mimics a more natural running movement, the shoe comes with full-foot cushioning for added comfort and protection. The shoe weighs 7.3 ounces.